COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA AND WHEN WE COLLECT IT
We receive and collect Personal Data from you when you provide us your information to signup to our newsletters, when you download our resources (reports, e-books, guides), when you contact us for sales inquiries, when you submit your company and product information for inclusion in our e-books and reports, when you sign up to our events, when you sign up to our CMP portal, when you sign up to our Insights platform, when you contact us for a general inquiry or when you make a purchase and provide your billing information.
We receive and collect Personal Data from your browser or mobile device about your use of the Sites and Service. We use log files and analytics tools to analyze trends, administer the Sites and Service, track users’ movement around the Sites and Service, and gather statistical data. We use “cookies”, technical identifiers and Pixels in order to provide and enhance our Sites and Service. We also collect limited data regarding your system and device, such as your mobile device id or browser preferences.
We receive and collect Personal Data from Third Parties, such as service providers, ad networks and marketing agencies, or from Services Integrations when you use third party integrations.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT OR MAY COLLECT
1. Anonymous information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
2. Information that you provide to us when registering with our website;
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
4. Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
5. Information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone or mobile number and email address);
6. Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
7. Any other personal information that you choose to send to us; and
8. Information contained in opt-in forms, that might also be used by authorized third parties with your express consent
9. Anonymous cookie ID, Advertising ID, and/or device ID to segment user groups for marketing purposes, and to execute retargeting event campaigns in order to deliver personalized advertising by Smart Digital Retail or authorized third parties.
10. Pixel tags that tell us what parts of the website have been visited or measure the effectiveness of searches users perform on the website. We may also use pixel tags in email messages to tell us whether emails have been opened to assure that we are only sending messages that are of interest to our users.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. When you register for an event, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number. Personal information submitted to us through our Sites and resources, including digital publications and webinars, will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the websites or individual resources.
WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
1. Event registration, subscribed to or requested through our websites, including but not limited to the
2. Accessing resources you requested to read or download;
3. Send you notifications about events you have registered or requested to attend;
4. Send you notifications about CMP resources and events if you have subscribed to our CMP portal;
5. Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
6. Send you our email newsletters, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
7. Perform marketing communications (through phone or email) by event sponsors and partners relating to our conference (or the businesses of trusted and fully disclosed third-parties) which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
8. Transmitting your data to the Event Industry Council following your application for credits on our CMP Portal;
9. Send you relevant communications that we have a legitimate interest in sending you;
10. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users;
11. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
12. Keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
If you submit personal information upon registration, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, personal information will not be disclosed to individuals or organizations outside of the Company without your prior consent. However, in the circumstances described below, personal information may be disclosed to:
1. Essential service providers: There may be other companies that we rely on to provide goods or services to you. We may be required to provide your personal information to these companies to ensure that we can deliver goods or services to you.
2. Event sponsors may contact you through phone and email using the contact information that you entered in the online application form for further marketing updates and appointments.
3. Law enforcement or government bodies: There are exceptions under the Privacy Act with regards to the provision of personal information to law enforcement or government bodies. When a legitimate request is sent to us by a law enforcement or government body we will comply with that request and may provide personal information about you without your consent.
4. Companies related to us or who take control or part or all of our business: In providing personal information to us you will need to be aware of the possibility that, in future, another company may take control of part or all of our business. In that case, your personal information will be provided to that company.
If we disclose personal information to a third party under outsourcing or contracting arrangements (a service provider), the we will take steps to ensure that they have:
1. Signed a binding agreement (reviewed by the our Legal Counsel);
2. Handle the personal information in a manner consistent with the APPs (regardless of whether they are a small business, or would otherwise be exempt from the Privacy Act);
3. Only use the personal information in order to provide specific services or to perform the specific functions required; and
4. Store the personal information securely, and only for as long as is necessary to provide the required services to perform the required functions.
www.smartdigitalretail.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, www.smartdigitalretail.com uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
You will be asked to expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for the purposes outlined in this Policy. We always provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, cancel your subscriptions, delete your profile, delete your data altogether. Please let us know if you wish to update or delete the personal data we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply unsubscribe from any email where an unsubscribe or opt-out link is provided.
GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
1. The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
2. The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
3. The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
4. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
5. The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
6. The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Sites and services are not structured to attract children under the age of 16, and we do not intend to collect Personal Data from anyone we know to be under 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under 16 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smart Digital Retail Philippines
Mailing address: WESTERN VISAYAS, PAVIA, ILOILO, PHILLIPPINES 5001